Beginners and Rusty Racqueteers!
If you are new to tennis or haven't played in a long time and are nervous, then don't put it off any longer and either get in touch or come down and play on our new 'Rusty Racquets Club Night' held every wednesday between May and August, available to non-members as well!
Never played before?
Coming down to a club session can be pretty daunting if you haven't played before, and although you will be made to feel very welcome at social club nights no matter what skill level, you may feel more comfortable learning in a less intimidating environment. Below are a list of club times and activities that should help you get to know members, find out more about the club and most importantly improve your tennis ability!
- Rusty Racquets Club Night - Held every Wednesday from 6.00 - 8.00pm starting from 1st Wednesday in May and finishing at the last Wednesday in August - This is a club night especiially for those who aren't comfortable joining in and mixing with a normal club night, are just getting back into tennis, or are a new member who would like an welcoming to the club. Non-members can join in too for a fee of £5.
The club night will have an experienced comittee member down to provide some warm up drills and games before allowing people to mix in and play together. Free refreshments will be made available so that you can hang around and chat afterwards to get to know people and ask any questions about the club
- Monthly Rusty Rackets Coaching - Each month there is a 1 hour 30 minuites coaching session by Colin Dunbar which is free for members or £7.50 for non-members. This is held on a Sunday. More information and the next avaiable dates can be found here
- Soft tennis - Held during the winter months on a Tuesday evening from 8.00 to 9.30pm at Keswick School sports hall, this session is a great way to learn ball control, spin and fitness as the ball is made from sponge and as a result is harder to hit out of the courts. Check out our Winter Tennis to find out more
- Private Coaching - We have a club coach who can be hired for 1 on 1 sessions, available most weekdays and weekends. Please check out the Club Coach page for more information
- Open days - We aim to provide several 'free' open days through out the summer months and so this could be a great time to just give it a try with other friends or family. Please keep checking our news page for more information on the next dates
Getting back into the swing of things!
If you just haven't played for a while and don't know where to start, feel free to contact the club using the contact form and a member can arrange to come for a 1 on 1 hit with you, or better yet just come along to our social club sessions and join in!
Several of the current 1st team men and ladies were practically beginners a few years ago and we all felt like we were the worst players there when we first started playing at club nights. However club nights are orientated towards being inclusive and friendly no matter what your skill level is, and we try to always make newcomers feel welcome!
Hopefully you'll catch the tennis bug like the rest of us!