What's planned for 2018
At the start of each year, the committee meet together to discuss the clubs short and long term objectives as well as setting goals to help achieve those objectives over the next 12 months.
This year the clubs objectives are:
- To install LED floodlights on Court 1 at Braithwaite and implement a new court access system.
- To utilise the court booking system by all members
- To increase club social activities and continue match reports
- To greatly increase advertising and public awareness of the club and tennis in the area
- To increase coaching sessions for all abilities
- To grow and diversify the club's income streams to meet self sustainability targets
In order to achieve these goals, this year we plan on meeting the following targets!
- Each team is due to organise a social event during the year (6 teams, so 6 events!!!)
- To organise at least 3 tournaments during the year, both for internal and other club members
- Organise the summer BBQ and Christmas Dinner again
- Publish weekly match reports both online and in the Keswick Reminder, and advertising generally accross more platforms
- Host at least 2 'open court' weekends where we will open the courts to the general public to come and down and play without charge
- Arrange for a monthly coaching day where all abilities are catered for from mini's to team players
- Arrange for a new starters/improvers club night to merge with rusty rackets
If you are keen to be involved and help organise any of the above, please do contact the club or let a committee member know as any help is extremely welcome!